Prime Powerteam is a National Kart Team based in Hamilton, Ontario. Team Owner and Manager Trevor Wickens has been at the head of the operation as an owner since 2012 and has been managing operations since 2005.
Prime and Trevor Wickens operate the team with a unique outlook compared to most rival teams. Trevor Wickens operates an umbrella system that allows him the ability to Coach and tune for all drivers under the beautiful team tent. This comes with many Pros:
- Drivers and Sponsors are always guaranteed top information without the stresses of finding a top “Tuner” or “coach” with the necessary skill set.
- Drivers and Sponsors do not have the financial liability of paying a professional “tuner” or “coach”. They simply need to a competent mechanic. If a driver does not have a mechanic, Prime can setup the mechanic with a driver.
- In the umbrella system the team has the ability to truly work as a unit that thrives via teamwork.
- Every bit of information passes thru the experienced mind of Trevor Wickens, thus this eliminates any chance of “secrets” between drivers or mechanics.
Prime teaches the driver how to become a future Motorsports star.
Beyond these attributes, Prime also teaches the drivers how to become a future Motorsports star. Trevor does this by placing a large enfaces on the driver. The key is not to tell the driver what they are doing incorrectly, but teach the driver why it’s incorrect and how they can fix it. This allows the driver to adapt and grow. Prime Powerteam does daily track walks and enfaces a great deal on Data Acquisition. These systems have helped alumni who have worked with Trevor move beyond karting.
- Robert Wickens – DTM
- Kyle Marcelli – IMSA and Grand-Am
- James Hinchcliffe – Indy Car
- Gianmarco Raimondo – GP2
- David Ostella – LMPC
- Maxime Pelletier – Formula BMW
- Luke Chudleigh – Formula Renault 2.0L
Prime also takes a much more calculated approach on the technical side of Karting. Although the drivers opinion is first and foremost all information is checked and verified thru data acquisition before changes are made. During a race weekend every session counts, Prime prefers to limit backwards movements as much as humanely possible by cross checking drivers feedback for accuracy.
Prime Powerteam is always looking for new talent looking to excel and further there Motorsports career. All interested parties should contact the team today.